Welch Fountain
Monument
Monument
1892 Welch Fountain
Monument
1892 Welch Fountain
Given by the town in 1892 in memory of Dr. William Wickham Welch, the fountain originally served as a circular watering trough for horses and dogs at the entrance to Westside Road opposite the Welch homestead. Dr. Welch was the last of the dynasty of Welch doctors who took care of Norfolk townsfolk for over a century.
Historic District Walking Tour Map Index: 18