Pettibone Tavern
Colonial
House
1794 Pettibone Tavern
House
1794 Pettibone Tavern
Built in 1794 by town leader Giles Pettibone, the house is a classic fivebay Georgian design with a symmetrical façade, center chimney, and classical door surround. With the opening of the Greenwoods Turnpike in 1800, the location of this house made it ideal for use as a tavern, operated by Giles Pettibone, Jr., and later by Captain John H. Shepard.
Historic District Walking Tour Map Index: 7